- Check in time is after 3 pm, EST and check out is 11 am, EST.
- This is a non-smoking house.
- Smoking is permitted outdoors, however, please dispose of your cigarette butts in a safe fashion. No butts are to be left on the grounds.
- Damage / Reservation Deposit – A damage / reservation deposit of $200 is required. An additional $200 deposit is required for pets. This must be received within seven days of booking the reservation. The deposit automatically converts to a security / damage deposit upon arrival. The deposit is not applied toward rent; however, it is fully refundable within 14 days of departure, provided all provisions in this contract are met, and no damage is done to the house or its contents.
- This is our private home, and we really love it. For this reason, we only want to rent it to people who will treat it with care and respect. By signing this agreement, you are telling us you are one of those people!
- I agree to vacate said premises upon the termination of this agreement at the hour and date shown above. Before vacating, I will complete the checkout checklist which includes:
Collect all linens, pillowcases, and towels from the beds and bathrooms and place in the downstairs bathroom.
- Collect all garbage and recyclables and place in appropriate outside containers
- Place all used dishes and kitchen items in the dishwasher and start a wash cycle
- Remove all perishables and food items from the refrigerator and wipe out refrigerator.
- Set the thermostat to 55 degrees when heat is on, and to 80 degrees when AC is on.
- Wipe used tables and countertops.
- Leave the house and grounds in the same condition that you found them.
- Turn off all lights and appliances
- Close and lock the premises
- Leave all keys in the lockbox. Missing key will incur a $25 charge per key.
- Leave parking permits on counter. Missing permits will incur a $25 charge per permit
PAYMENT: - An advance payment equal to 50% of the rental rate is required 60 days before arrival. The advance payment will be applied toward the rent. Please make payments in the form of bank money orders, cashier's checks, personal checks, payable to Jeannette Bracken. You may also pay using paypal, although we do not accept paypal via credit card. The advance rent is not a damage deposit. The balance of rent is due fourteen (14) days before your arrival date. Failure to meet this payment schedule may result in cancellation of your reservation.
CANCELLATIONS – A sixty day notice is required for cancellation. Cancellations that are made more than sixty days prior to the arrival date will incur no advance payment penalty, but may forfeit the reservation deposit. Refund of the reservation deposit will be at owner's discretion and will be contingent upon subsequent rental of the house for the cancelled time period. Cancellations or changes that result in a shortened stay that are made within 60 days of the arrival date forfeit the full advance payment and damage / reservation deposit. If the property is subsequently rented for those dates, the advance payment and/or deposit will be refunded at owner's discretion. Cancellation or early departure does not warrant any refund of rent or deposit.
NO DAILY MAID SERVICE – Linens and bath towels are included in the rental rate, however, daily maid service is not. For longer than 1 week stays, weekly maid service can be provided for an additional fee.
FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS –Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit, and / or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check in.
WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS – Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance
PARKING – Off street parking is available via a shared drive behind the house for 2 vehicles. In addition, parking passes are available for parking on the street during restricted hours ( a pass does not guarantee a spot, however). Driveway cannot be blocked because it is shared with the neighbors. Note also that the driveway is narrow and the turning area is limited, so very large vehicles may present a problem.